Universal Tween Engine v6.0.0 !
I just released the 6th major revision of the Universal Tween Engine. It is the most complete update of the engine ever. More than 50 commits, the whole engine was re-engineered.
I’m sorry for the users of the previous revisions, but the compatibility is broken. It was a requirement to push the library forward, and give it a real maturity. It is now much more robust and stable than before, and should work under every constraint. Don’t worry though, updating a project to this revision is not very difficult.
I updated the project wiki, go check the Get Started page ;-)
Also, in order to present the library to new users, I wrote a new page dedicated to it (also available by clicking on its banner on the front page of this blog). The page features two java applets that let you play with tweens and timelines (as illustrated on the right image), you should enjoy them.
Among the biggest changes, the engine now features zero dynamic allocation, tweens can be applied directly on your objects (without them implementing an interface), timelines (old groups) now support repeated tweens and nested timelines, yoyo style for repetitions was added, and callbacks were added to timelines too.
I hope you’ll enjoy it!
Description page: http://www.aurelienribon.com/blog/projects/universal-tween-engine/
Project page: http://code.google.com/p/java-universal-tween-engine/
Changelog – 6.0.0
- + Zero allocation! Use the engine safely in Android!
- + Very robust engine, shouldn’t lost a single millisecond in updates.
- + You can now apply tweens directly on your objects, there is no need that they implement some interface!
- + As a result, the Tweenable interface is no more. It has been replaced by a TweenAccessor that can be registered statically to the engine.
- + Repetitions can now be played in ‘yoyo’ mode: every odd iteration is played backwards.
- + Callbacks were all changed, you have BEGIN, START, END, COMPLETE, and similar ones for backwards playing.
- + TweenGroup is no more: welcome ‘Timeline’.
- + Timelines can be repeated, yoyo style too.
- + Nested timelines can be repeated too!
- + Timelines now support callbacks! And all the callbacks used in Tween are working in Tiemlines!
- + Several protections were added to prevent you from misusing the engine.
- + Extensive javadoc was added to every public classes and methods!